JAIA YOUth Empowerment Board Member Announcement
JAIA (Just As I AM) YOUth Empowerment is a personal and spiritual development leadership program serving youth and young adults, ages 13-24. JAIA YOUth offers empowering self-development workshops, life coaching & leadership training. We are currently seeking professionals, passionate about youth & youth development, who are experienced in the areas of marketing, finance, fundraising, grant writing, technology, event planning, & non-profit business development, to serve on our Board of Directors.
We’re looking for innovative out of the box thinkers, & also those who know, we don’t have to reinvent the wheel. We, at JAIA, place huge value in creative expression, collaboration, commitment, safe space, service & vision & JAIA YOUth is a safe space for the LGBTQ community.
We are looking for like-minded people and with professional leadership skills, ready and willing to lead & support our team, programming and organization.
- The Board of Directors
Ideal board members will embrace our mission to empower youth/young adults towards self-mastery and leadership. This is an exciting time in JAIA’s history as we are launching both our leadership training program, as well as, our web based international exchange program. The board will be charged with strategic planning; securing appropriate resources (i.e. funding, contracts and program space); and creating partnerships that will support consistent monthly programming and extend our youth reach.
Our Board Members are volunteers who provide leadership and are hands-on ensuring that the organization does the best work possible in alignment with our vision. Board Members will all actively participate in fundraising events and will lead board committees.
- Experience in any of the following areas: Accounting/Finance, Non Profit Administration, Strategic Business Planning, Grant writing, Fundraising & Event Planning, Legal, Marketing, Technology, Networking, Youth Development/Education.
- Previous experience as a hands-on board member is highly desirable.
- Exhibits the shared values of Collaboration, Commitment, Creative Expression, Initiative, Integrity, Responsibility, Service & Vision
- Participate in setting strategic directions, programs, services and outreach efforts ensuring alignment with organizational mission & vision
- Ensure effective organizational planning
- Ensure organization is fiscally sound and operated with financial integrity; approve annual budgets
- Ensure organization is abundantly resourced
- Establish policies and procedures
- Actively participate in fundraising activities; give or get $1000 annually
- Attend board meetings, committee meetings and major events
- Lead and serve on committees
- Represent JAIA YOUth Empowerment and act as a spokesperson
- Stay informed about JAIA YOUth
- Work collaboratively in supporting the mission of the organization
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- Serve for a term of two years, approximately 4-6 hours a month, including 6-8 board meetings per year
Our Future Plans and Goals (which are already unfolding):
- Train a core group of youth leaders, through our Leadership Training Institute, to serve as Group Facilitators and Community Organizers. These youth will lead individual and group coaching, develop community service projects, and build a youth advisory committee that meets regularly and informs our administrative team.
- Secure resources such as permanent office, program and event space.
- Collaborating with other youth agencies to share resources and provide empowering trainings and workshops.
- Self-producing no less than ten workshops per year within NYC for various teen and young adult audiences in order to secure data through ongoing programing.
PLEASE NOTIFY US VIA EMAIL OF YOUR INTEREST AND INCLUDE COVER PAGE AND RESUME. WE WILL SET UP AN INITIAL CALL & INTERVIEW… click here to CONTACT US