If you are a young adult aged 16-21 who’s looking to…
How your talents are linked to your vision.JAIA Workshop “Visioning for Success”
Opportunities to engage & impact your community.A table at the JAIA” YOUth Café”
With peers in the U.S. or across the world.JAIAnts meet youth from Mozambique.
What Is It?
Join the JAIA YOUth Leadership Council a.k.a the “JYC”, 6 month leadership & civic engagement program that promotes healing justice and mental health literacy. This is the next step for youth who have graduated from our Leadership Institute (or equivalent leadership programs). The JYC uses project management, team building, group facilitation skills which enables them as a team to create fun and transformational workshops and events for youth and adults. In the second year of the youth council, participants work on individual Life Vision Projects with a Professional Life Coach or Mentor. Co-Facilitate group workshops alongside a professional healing professional. Join us for personal development and leadership retreats as a council member.
1-2 year commitment. 5 hours weekly. Next Cohort Sept 2022- June 2022
- Advanced Leadership Training & Certificates
- Organize Community Service Learning Opportunities and Events
- Co-Facilitate youth and adult workshops locally and abroad
- Qualify for Apprentice Programs with JAIA’s Corporate and Nonprofit Partnerships
- Life Coaching to fulfill Personal/Professional Projects
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Services
- Mindful Leaders Day & Overnight Trips & a 4 Day “#KNOWYOURWORTH” Personal Development retreat
- Quarterly stipends and metrocards
How to apply…(prerequisite- 6mts- 1 Year in JAIA’s Mindful Leaders Program, or Healthy Minds, Healthy Vibes Internship + JAIA’s summer program). Think you might qualify? Contact us at email@example.com for more info
Our #KnowYourWorth Winter Retreats offer transformative personal and spiritual development for BIPOC and LGBTQ+ youth of all backgrounds and religions.“The JAIA YOUth #KnowYourWorth retreat has supported me in being all of who I am and standing in my power! (Shawuana C. age 19)”